Have you heard of the Kids Bowl Free program? It’s a nationwide program through which registered children can receive two free games of bowling every day all summer long.
- Wheaton Bowl in Wheaton
- Fox Bowl in Wheaton
- Arlington Lanes in Arlington Heights
- Wood Dale Bowl in Wood Dale
- Crest Hil Lanes in Crest Hill
- Elk Grove Bowl in Elk Grove Village
- Idle Hour Lanes in Sandwich
- Plainfield Lanes in Plainfield
- Peotone Bowling Cetner in Peotone
- Mardis Gras Lanes in DeKalb
- Lakeside Recreation Center in Mundelein
- Laraway Lanes in New Lenox
- Channahon Lanes in Channahon
- Riverfront Lanes in Wilmington
- Cherry Bowl in Rockford
- Don Carter Lanes in Rockford
- Kristof’s Entertainment Center in Round Lake Beach
- Viking Lanes in South Beloit
To register your child, you’ll just need to visit the Kids Bowl Free website, click on Illinois and click on the bowling alley you want to visit. Every week, free bowling passes will arrive via email.
The terms and conditions can vary from alley to alley, but in most cases, children must be under 15. The alleys also set the times when your children can bowl for free, and the program does not include the cost of renting bowling shoes.
Insider’s tip: Some bowling alleys have ramps that young children can use. They set their bowling ball on the ramp and roll it down, giving it enough momentum to reach the pins. Ask at the front desk is ramps are available.