Lincoln Marsh Natural Area
Harrison and Pierce Avenues, Wheaton
Your birthday party guests will discover the wonders of nature during a hands-on exploration of our natural world. Lincoln Marsh, a facility of the Wheaton Park District, is comprised of 150 acres of woodland, wetland and prairie patches where kids can get outdoors and explore the world that surrounds them.
Birthday party package includes:
- A themed nature program lasting 45 minutes to one hour, led by a Lincoln Marsh host
- Use of a covered picnic shelter for one hour, with help from the host in serving food and keeping track of presents
- A goody bag item for each child
- A t-shirt and string bag for the birthday child
Available themes include:
- A Bug’s Life (ages 4-8)
- Flower Children (ages 4-8)
- Bubbly Birthday Fun (ages 4-8)
- Wet-n-Wild (ages 4-8)
- Kitchen Science (ages 6-10)
- Treasure Hunt (ages 6-12)
- Wheaton Residents: $125 for up to 15 children
- Nonresidents: $150 for up to 15 children
- Additional Guests: $5 each up to a maximum of 20 children
- Additional Rental Time: $25 per ½ hour
- Add a Campfire: $40 for 1 hour, optional add-on of $1/person for hot chocolate and marshmallows
You can also choose to participate in a group program for your birthday party celebration without signing up for the birthday party package. There are a wide range of topics available, such as nighttime nature programs including owl prowl and campfire magic; outdoor adventures including geocaching and orienteering; challenge courses including crate climbing and a high ropes course, and more! Find more info here.
How do I make a birthday party reservation?
- Pick your birthday party option and decide on any add-ons.
- Choose several dates in the event that your first choice is not available.
- Contact the Lincoln Marsh Office at 630-871-2810 for additional information and reservations.
- Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance; earlier reservations are appreciated and recommended.